The Membership tab is a great solution for creating groups, users and guest login ability while controlling each tab feature they have access to. Additionally, you will now have the ability to send push notifications to these accounts specifically, giving you an entirely new level of control over your messaging.
This set of features was built with many types of business in mind. From education to enterprise, these robust features allow for the advanced yet simplified control over your beloved applications.
Note: We recommend disabling the Membership tab before publishing for iOS. Otherwise, you’ll need to provide Apple with the login info so they can view the app. If they don’t receive the login info via iTunes Connect before the app goes into review, they will reject it.
1. In Step 1 (Functionality), click Add New Tab.
2. Create a Tab Title, select Membership Tab from the Tab Function drop-down, and choose an icon or upload your own. Save your changes. (You can change all this information later.)
3. Go to Step 2 (Content) and click on your new tab.
First things first you will see the Login Color. This will be the color for the login screen UI as users launch your app. It also modifies the color of your default User Invite Email . More on that later.
Source code previous to Orange (Published before November 1st 2015):
- Single Access Type only.
- Guest Access is not applicable.
- Tab background image pulls from Splash Screen image.
Source code Orange and up (Publish after November 1st 2015):
- Full access to all the features below!
- Splash Screen is customizable like other features.
- Single, Multiple User Types
- Guest Login ability (password free ‘public’ access)
To allow for ‘ Single ’ user type select Single from the Type dropdown.
You will also notice the toggles next to ‘ Guest Login ’ and the ‘ Single ’ Type here.
Guest Login edit button:
- Ability to change the text for the Guest Login button.
- Selection for which tabs you will allow for this Guest user to access.
Single Login edit button will allow for selecting which tabs this user has access to.
Multiple Logins :
This is where this feature really shines. Multiple logins unlocks the ability for:
- Creating or Inviting users to create their own account.
- Create accounts, assign those accounts to groups if you wish.
- Invite users via email. Preselect their group as you send the email. Type a list of email addresses separated by commas or use our CSV upload feature to send email invite to multiple users at once!
- Manage each groups accessible features, or get more specific and manage access on an individual user level.
Lets walkthrough these abilities with some screenshots and go into the invite email with detail.
Of course, included in the Multiple Login Type you can allow Guest Access . This works the same way as it does under the ‘ Single ’ setting. So please see above for details.
Select ‘ Multiple ’ under the user Login Type dropdown.
Now you will see a few things happen.
- Users and Groups sections appear.
- Customize Email Invite Form appears.
Lets start with Users and Groups.
Select Create User .
- Enter Username and password for this user. Email field is not required.
- You will see you have a group selection here. If you have groups created this is where you can assign the user to a group.
- If you wish to customize this users feature access independently you can do so by leaving ’No Group’ selected and
After Saving this user, head over to the group section so we can create a group.
Add Group :
When adding a group you can create its name as well as the features users in this group will have access to.
Now for the home-run. Lets check out the Invite Email Form Feature.
Select Invite User(s).
Here you can either upload a csv file with a list of email addresses or enter them manually separated by commas.
Assign a group to this batch of users. They will be automatically assigned once they complete the signup form.
Whats the email look like? Well, we have a default one that looks like this:
The Icon and Create Log In buttons use the same color as your ‘ Login Color ’ you have selected previously to match your design scheme.
The text ‘Peoples Barber & Shop’ in the body and signature are pulled from your App Name .
Clicking this ‘ Create Log in ’ Button brings you to a website with (using your subdomain URL) the following form:
The Email field is filled by the recipient and is not editable. Once the user creates username and password and saves, they now have access to the app!
We will be updating this form over time to potentially include links to your live app URLs as well.
But we aren’t done yet.
Customize Email Invite Feature:
We know that you will want to put your best face on when inviting users to your application so we have allowed this invite email to be customizable.
Select the edit button as seen below.
You will see the customize ability for this email.
Some things to note:
If you wish to continue to use this color changing logo, simply leave it as is.
For the ‘ Create Log In ’ button, you see it as shown below, however it change to the correct appearance when the email is sent.
If you wish to modify the text of this button follow the instructions further below.
You can see the results below: