We’ve been hard at work on our brand new food ordering feature! It’s now available in native code with a Cherry upgrade, or just a quick click away with the newly updated HTML5 version.
For the nitty gritty details on this feature, see below.
With new service and availability settings, payment options, repeat orders, tip features and more, we think you’ll really enjoy this large release. We listened to industry experts and client feedback, then used some clever wizardry to bring a flexible and customizable feature that suits the unique needs of our many clients. With added functionality and less setup required, we recommend you check out the new version ASAP!
To give a quick overview of what’s included:
- New category images
- Selectable category views
- Optional tip feature
- Delivery minimums
- Delivery radius based off address
- Delivery fee
- Free Delivery amount
- Displays up to 10 past orders
- Store favorite delivery addresses for fast ordering
- Two location search views
- Item location and availability options (think ‘breakfast menu’)
- Supports BraintreePayments for CC processing as well as PayPal
- Reworked Review Orders page
Here are some details and screenshots so you can see what we’re going on and on about.
Time & Availability
Review Orders Page
To the New Native Version
See below for setup info on each new feature and upgrades!
- The Dine in option is only available for same-day service.
- Takeout and Delivery can be set anywhere from same-day to 6 days in advance.
- Delivery Radius: Only users with delivery addresses within this radius can successfully place orders. (Enter zero to disable this limit.)
- Delivery Minimum: The minimum order total (before tax and fees) required for delivery.
- Delivery Fee: The monetary value that will be added to delivery orders. This can be set as taxable or not.
- Free Delivery Amount: The minimum order total for free delivery. When this total is met, the delivery fee will automatically disappear. (Enter 0 to always charge the Delivery Fee.)
Lead Time is the average amount of time it takes for an order to be prepared. This gives users a more accurate estimate and avoids rush orders. The Lead Time calculation works as follows (example uses 15-min. Lead Time):
- Opening time of 10 AM = first available “ready” time of 10:15 AM
If user chooses “ASAP,” the system will take the current time and round up to the nearest 5 minutes, then add the Lead Time:
- Current time is 11:12 > rounds to 11:15 = first available “ready” time of 11:30
- This buffer gives the user a more accurate “ready” time by allotting a few extra minutes for them to actually place the order through the app
Price List Display Option
A custom price can be displayed in list view when there are multiple sizes available in one item. We recommend using the price of the cheapest/smallest item for your Item List Price to draw users in, but it’s completely up to you. If there are no size options, the regular Item Price will display in both list and detail view.
Users can click the button at the top right of the tab to view the new Account page. Users can manage their favorite addresses and view their past orders here. More features to come in the future!
- They can remove one by swiping left across that order.
- They can re-order the same things (depending on availability, time, etc.) by clicking a previous order then selecting “Reorder.”
Users can view all available locations in list view or map view. Open and Closed dialogs will display based on that specific location’s operating hours. If you allow orders to be placed days in advance, users will be able to select a location even when it’s currently closed.
Leaving Location Prompt
Time & Availability
- Time zones are ignored. The user is assumed to be in the same time zone as the business.
- Menu items can be location-specific. You can pick one, multiple or all locations when adding items.
- Menu items can have specific available times (think Breakfast Menu).
- GPS coordinates will be required for each location.
- You can Enable/Disable Order Types.
- Dine-in is for same-day only.
- Takeout & Delivery can be offered anywhere from same-day to 6 days in advance.
The redesigned shopping cart offers a much better UI, with logic enhancements and new capabilities that make ordering easy as pie (and sometimes ordering pie easy as pie).
Shopping Cart Page
- Item quantity can be adjusted here. When the user sets an item quantity to zero, a prompt will ask them if they wish to remove the item from their cart.
- Tip (if enabled) percentage can be selected. Tapping the tip percentage a second time will deselect it.
- There is a summary of the order type and selected time.
Cash and Card can be accepted (depending on your back-end settings):
- Cash: User enters the necessary information and checks out.
- User enters necessary information. The app will then navigate to the Braintree checkout window.
- If enabled through Braintree, the purchase through PayPal button is also available.
- The card information is entered and additional validation (if required by business) is supplied.
The user will see slight differences on the checkout page depending on which order option they’ve selected (Dine in, Takeout, or Delivery). We’ve also updated the back-end orders page to make it a bit more search-friendly.
Dine in and Takeout
- The Address field uses a map search that requires a valid delivery address. This is necessary for the app to determine whether or not the address is within the dictated delivery radius.
- The Address page stores user’s favorite addresses. The user can give each location a nickname, and these nicknames appear on the cart page so they can quickly select their desired delivery location.